Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Herbed Lamb Chops

I always associate Easter with springtime, so it would only be natural that I look forward to light and easy recipes to ring in the Easter Season. Lamb has always been symbolic of Easter and a wonderful way to celebrate. Whenever I want a nice piece of lamb, I always go to my butcher who I trust and know that I won’t be disappointed. I was looking for a Greek flavor when I thought of this. Since I don’t have a grill, as yet, I chose to broil my lamb.
Photography by Robert Demetrius
You will need:
7 - 8 lamb chops, about 1 inch thick (3lbs)
Marinade for lamb chops:
4 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Fresh Lamb Chops
For the 2 marinade and sauce:
¾ cup of olive oil
1 cup fresh mint leaves, tightly packed
2 tablespoons fresh thyme
½ cup fresh oregano leaves
a handful fresh flat leaf parsley
6 large cloves of garlic
¼ teaspoon salt
a pinch of black pepper
zest of 1 lemon
juice of ½ lemon
Thyme, Oregano, Flat Leaf Parsley and Mint
When it comes to lamb, I like to marinate my meat overnight so that it can really absorb all the flavors of the herbs and garlic. If you prefer not to leave marinating overnight, I would suggest at least 4 hours before broiling.
For this recipe, I have two marinades that that will be used. The first one is with dried herbs and I use this marinade as my base.
Adding Salt and Pepper
Season the lamb chops on both sides with ½ teaspoon salt, freshly ground pepper, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 6 cloves of garlic finely chopped, then drizzle with 4 tablespoons olive oil.

Seasoned Lamb with Dried Herbs, Garlic and Olive Oil
Once the lamb chops are seasoned, I like to massage the seasonings into the meat, ensuring that the chops are well coated. Then cover with cellophane and leave in the fridge to marinate overnight or for at least 4 hours.

The second marinade is made of fresh herbs, and plays two roles. It is used to marinate the chops and also used as a sauce for the chops, when they are done. 
Fresh Herbs with Olive Oil and Garlic
About an hour before you start broiling the chops, place all the fresh herbs without stems, in a blender or in a food processor. 1 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, ½ cup fresh oregano leaves, a handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, also adding 6 large cloves of garlic, zest of 1 lemon, ¼ teaspoon salt, a pinch of black pepper, the juice of ½ lemon and ¾ cup of olive oil and pulse until you have a vibrant green puree. 
Lamb Chops with Herb Paste
Remove the chops from the fridge and pour a teaspoon of this paste on each chop and rub on each chop so that it is well dressed and place back into the fridge for another half an hour.
Take the chops out of the fridge about 20 - 30 minutes before broiling so that it reaches room temperature. This will ensure that the meat is properly cooked, as it will have an even temperature.
Herbed Lamb Chops, Just Broiled
Broil lamb for 7 minutes on either side if you like it medium well done as my family does. Voilà! What an easy lamb dish for Easter. A glass of Bordeaux wine really works well with the lamb. Serves 4. Bon appétit!
Oven Roasted Eggplant, Roasted Sweet Peppers drizzled with Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette, Creamy Spinach and Pancetta Stuffed Mushrooms and Creamy Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes are a great compliment to the lamb and make this a pleasing and tasty Easter lunch or dinner. Finish with  Roasted Strawberries with Orange Scented Mascarpone Cream Now isn’t that a fabulous Easter menu with a Mediterranean flair?
I have two additional recipes from my Easter Menu coming up tonight! And look out for three new recipes tomorrow and more to come on Wednesday! Just in time for Easter!

Anonymous –   – (April 19, 2011 at 7:44 AM)  

my mouth is watering from the savoury dishes you have given us......fantastic presentation!!!

patsy mair  – (April 19, 2011 at 6:19 PM)  

So happy I checked your blog and discovered these artistic cooking delights. Must try even one.

Patsy Mair

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP