Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tangy Homemade Ranch Dressing

As a self-proclaimed vinaigrette type of girl, I usually avoid creamy dressings. It’s not because of some dietary issue, but I think it goes all the way back to childhood. My Dad was an executive chef who owned a German/Austrian/Hungarian restaurant in Jamaica during the 70’s and I always remember him making creamy type salad dressings at home. I know he made other types as well, but the creamy ones are most prevalent in my memory. They always seemed to have a sweetish kind of taste, which is why I never gravitated to them and I still haven’t changed. Since I was a very young child, I have never had the palate for sweet and sour in my food. I have however always liked savory and salty flavors.

In my older years, I am becoming much more tolerant and have tried a few creamy dressings that have made me change my mind, like the Ranch Dressing that I tried Red Wing Restaurant in Groveland, Florida. it is the best Ranch Dressing that I have ever tasted and they make it from scratch. After having a wonderful meal with friends one Sunday, I promised myself that I would try and re-create the dressing.

This one is a cool creamy dressing. Now I have tried so many varieties of Ranch dressing and each has a different flavor using a variety of herbs.

Flavored with fresh herbs, this is a refreshingly cool and creamy dressing with just the right amount of zing from tangy buttermilk, sour cream and vinegar. This dressing is not only used on salads, but goes well as a dipping sauce for raw and fried vegetables.

You will need:
(Printable Recipe)
⅓ cup of mayonnaise
cup of sour cream
¾ cup of buttermilk
½ teaspoon vinegar
splash of Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chopped onions
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
2 tablespoons parsley
2 tablespoons chives
2 pinches salt (or to taste)
2 turns freshly ground pepper

Place all the ingredients in a blender or a food processor, blend until smooth.

This recipe yields 1½ cups of dressing. Voilà. Enjoy the goodness!

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP