Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Red Wine Vinaigrette

As you all know, we love eating salads in our household. Twice daily preferably. I guess old habits die hard. A tart, yet mustardy vinaigrette is my favorite. It also happens that I get very complacent when doing my dressings and will use the same vinegars over and over. It’s quite amazing that when you change the vinegar, you get a totally different flavor, even when using the regular ingredients.
Photography by Robert Demetrius



Using a good red wine vinegar is always important. Cheap ones tend to be extremely acidic.

I like to make them in large batches as I am always giving away a bottle or two. I use an old tequila bottle that I find has an interesting shape and looks quite unusual when serving. It’s great entertaining friends as it really holds quite a lot.

For this vinaigrette I omitted garlic and no-one missed it a bit.

You need:
1 cup of red wine vinegar
2 cups olive oil
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper

In a mixing bowl pour in 1 cup red wine vinegar and dissolve 1 teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard by whisking with a fork or a whisk, then add ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Continue whisking while streaming in 2 cups olive oil until the mixture has emulsified. Then pour into your container or bottle.

This yields 3 cups. VoilĂ . Enjoy with any salad.

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP